pdf to rtf/word solutions

snotmare
Greetings! Since iText doesn't support and has not plans to support pdf to rtf/word conversions, I've been looking at other 3rd party or open source alternatives. I really have 2 questions for this post...

1. Some of our users have a 3rd party tool called "SolidPdf Converter" which is an application to manually convert pdf documents to word. We've noticed that this tool has issues converting pdf documents created by iText when they contain images, but has no problems converting pdf documents made in adobe. We are using iText 1.3.5. Has anyone else ran into a similar issue as this? Can anyone confirm if this is an issue with the dated version we're using?

2. What we'd really like to get to is an automated process for converting pdfs to rtf/word. We have a java/swing app that runs on a network accross the company. It has the ability to invoke a web service on our servers to generate pdf documents and return them to the user in a browser. We'd like to have a tool that runs on the server where we can automate the conversion and return a word doc instead. Does anyone know of any solution to accomodate this? We have been somewhat successful with this, but the solution is klunky. Any other ideas that might work for us?

Thanks all for your input!

Re: pdf to rtf/word solutions

JonyGreen
I find a free online pdf to word converter to convert pdf to word online.