how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

NVS

how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

NVS
Hi,

The data in the database is in the format like  వ్యవసాయ శాఖ, శాఖాధిపతి

with the support of gautami.ttf corresponding telugu font displaying in word doxuments, but not in pdf...

Can any one please help on this....

Prasad.

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

Paulo Soares-4

Tomorrow you'll have something in the SVN to support this.

Paulo

On Jan 1, 2013 8:04 AM, "NVS" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The data in the database is in the format like  &#3125;&#3149;&#3119;&#3125;&#3128;&#3134;&#3119; &#3126;&#3134;&#3094;, &#3126;&#3134;&#3094;&#3134;&#3111;&#3135;&#3114;&#3108;&#3135;

NVS

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

NVS
Hi,

I did not get any response again, could you please help on this.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Paulo Soares <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tomorrow you'll have something in the SVN to support this.

Paulo

On Jan 1, 2013 8:04 AM, "NVS" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The data in the database is in the format like  &#3125;&#3149;&#3119;&#3125;&#3128;&#3134;&#3119; &#3126;&#3134;&#3094;, &#3126;&#3134;&#3094;&#3134;&#3111;&#3135;&#3114;&#3108;&#3135;

with the support of gautami.ttf corresponding telugu font displaying in word doxuments, but not in pdf...

Can any one please help on this....

Prasad.

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

pgandhi
Hi,
  Here i'm trying you to help in alternative approach.But for that you have to use Unicode.I've added the code snippet if it helps.
TeluguFont.java
Here i,m just created a base font (.ttf file located in D:/ drive you can change path if neccessary,Identity_H used for keep the glyph as it is horizontally.When you use this Identity_H/Identity_V itext default embed it whatever you mention as third argument).
>BaseFont f = BaseFont.createFont("D:\\gautami.ttf", BaseFont.IDENTITY_H, BaseFont.EMBEDDED);
Next created a normal font based on previous BaseFont.
>Font normal = new Font(f, 6.0f, Font.NORMAL);
If font embeded correctly when you open Pdf,press CTRL+D,goes to Font Tab,As Following..
TeluguFont.bmpTeluguFont.bmp
But here the gap:
You have to convert DecimalNCR(వ్యవ&#.....) to unicode(\u0C35\u0C4D\u0C2F\u0C35\u0C3......) code point.
Another thing to say you don't mention how you manipulate those pdf in which you want to embed Telegu Font.Approach is shown here for creating Document & adding Phrase...etc.If you are using Template then in PdfStamper you have to stmp.getAcroFields().addSubstitutionFont(f);for telegu Language.Here f is same BaseFont used in previous approach.

NVS

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

NVS
Hi,

Please help

The browser displays the corresponding telugu font for the code : \u0C35\u0C4D\u0C2F\u0C35\u0C38\u0C3E\u0C2F \u0C36\u0C3E\u0C16, \u0C36\u0C3E\u0C16\u0C3E\u0C27\u0C3F\u0C2A\u0C24\u0C3F is  :: వ్యవసాయ శాఖ, శాఖాధిపతి

but in itext pdf by embed the gautami font, it displays like below
Inline image 1
but it should be display like వ్యవసాయ శాఖ, శాఖాధిపతి.  So please help to display correct format.

<http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657260/TeluguFont.java>
<http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657260/TeluguFont.bmp>
TeluguFont.bmp
<http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657260/TeluguFont.bmp>
But here the gap:
You have to convert DecimalNCR(&#3125;&#3149;&#3119;&#3125;&#.....) to
unicode(\u0C35\u0C4D\u0C2F\u0C35\u0C3......) code point.
Another thing to say you don't mention how you manipulate those pdf in which
you want to embed Telegu Font.Approach is shown here for creating Document &
adding Phrase...etc.If you are using Template then in PdfStamper you have to
stmp.getAcroFields().addSubstitutionFont(f);for telegu Language.Here f is
same BaseFont used in previous approach.

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

Paulo Soares-4
Indic support is still under development. The scripts supported are Devanagari and Gujarati, no Telugu for the moment.

Paulo

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM, NVS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Please help

The browser displays the corresponding telugu font for the code : \u0C35\u0C4D\u0C2F\u0C35\u0C38\u0C3E\u0C2F \u0C36\u0C3E\u0C16, \u0C36\u0C3E\u0C16\u0C3E\u0C27\u0C3F\u0C2A\u0C24\u0C3F is  :: వ్యవసాయ శాఖ, శాఖాధిపతి

but in itext pdf by embed the gautami font, it displays like below
Inline image 1
but it should be display like వ్యవసాయ శాఖ, శాఖాధిపతి.  So please help to display correct format.

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM, pgandhi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
  Here i'm trying you to help in alternative approach.But for that you have
to use Unicode.I've added the code snippet if it helps.
TeluguFont.java
<http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657260/TeluguFont.java>
Here i,m just created a base font (.ttf file located in D:/ drive you can
change path if neccessary,Identity_H used for keep the glyph as it is
horizontally.When you use this Identity_H/Identity_V itext default embed it
whatever you mention as third argument).
>BaseFont f = BaseFont.createFont("D:\\gautami.ttf", BaseFont.IDENTITY_H,
BaseFont.EMBEDDED);
Next created a normal font based on previous BaseFont.
>Font normal = new Font(f, 6.0f, Font.NORMAL);
If font embeded correctly when you open Pdf,press CTRL+D,goes to Font Tab,As
Following..
TeluguFont.bmp
<http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657260/TeluguFont.bmp>
TeluguFont.bmp
<http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657260/TeluguFont.bmp>
But here the gap:
You have to convert DecimalNCR(&#3125;&#3149;&#3119;&#3125;&#.....) to
unicode(\u0C35\u0C4D\u0C2F\u0C35\u0C3......) code point.
Another thing to say you don't mention how you manipulate those pdf in which
you want to embed Telegu Font.Approach is shown here for creating Document &
adding Phrase...etc.If you are using Template then in PdfStamper you have to
stmp.getAcroFields().addSubstitutionFont(f);for telegu Language.Here f is
same BaseFont used in previous approach.

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

susmitha
yep you have posted the solution, but by doing that am unable to get  totally in telugu .I mean not getting total telugu varnamala  like "చెప్పండి" ,

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

susmitha
 did you get the solution for your problem.Am also getting sameproblem, same text how can we print in pdf,could you please share the solution if you have.

Re: how to display telugu font by using itext pdf

blowagie
The solution to display Telegu is to use the pdfCalligraph add-on.

If you want the academic explanation, see: https://git.itextsupport.com/projects/TMC/repos/techblog/browse/pdfCalligraph%20whitepaper.md
If you want the marketing explanation, see: http://itextpdf.com/itext7/pdfcalligraph
If you just want to know how pdfCalligraph works, read: http://developers.itextpdf.com/content/itext-7-building-blocks/chapter-2-working-rootelement (search for pdfCalligraph)