how can i get the font of a string using iText?

how can i get the font of a string using iText?

greenhat
I'm able to get strings using a TextExtractionStrategy (specifically I'm using a modified LocationTextExtraction Strategy so that I can pull coords too).  However I can't see how to get the font (and font size) for strings or chars or TextChunks.  Is there something else that I'm supposed to use to get that info?
mkl

Re: how can i get the font of a string using iText?

mkl
greenhat wrote
I'm able to get strings using a TextExtractionStrategy (specifically I'm using a modified LocationTextExtraction Strategy so that I can pull coords too).  However I can't see how to get the font (and font size) for strings or chars or TextChunks.  Is there something else that I'm supposed to use to get that info?
When modifying the strategy, try to also add code which collects the formating information from the TextRenderInfo.

Regards,   Michael

Re: how can i get the font of a string using iText?

Rocky

It will be great if you can answer two of my questions.
1) how do I get location of any content in a pdf ??
2) can I read something like a line.....say there is a separation line between paragraphs...how will I be able to do that ??
Hope you reply asap

2) can I read something like a line.....say there is a separation line between paragraphs...how will I be able to do that ??
Hope you reply asap

Re: how can i get the font of a string using iText?

blowagie
Nabble is not an official channel to post questions about iText.
Please go to http://itextpdf.com/support for more info on getting support.