Template PDF Data not visible on Apple PDF Renderers (Safari, Previewer)

Template PDF Data not visible on Apple PDF Renderers (Safari, Previewer)

jshcrowthe
I have generated a PDF from a PDF template, that has several fields that I can pass data into (checkboxes, text data, etc).

When viewing this PDF in Chrome/Firefox the data is filled into the all of the designated slots in the template as expected. However in Safari and Previewer, when I open this PDF, a series of checkboxes is left unchecked as if the data is not there.

The PDF in question is here: https://cloudup.com/cc01apJVetx

If you open this in Chrome/FF you'll notice that the "B", "C", "I", "E" checkboxes on the first pedigree node are checked. However on Safari/Preview they are unchecked.

I am not sure if this is a bug in iText or in Apple's PDF parsing but I'd love to figure out what is going on.

Re: Template PDF Data not visible on Apple PDF Renderers (Safari, Previewer)

blowagie
Do you see the yellow message "This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet."

That means that you aren't using the proper channel to post a question. Please consult http://itextpdf.com/support to find out what to do.

As for your question: it's not an iText bug. It is generally known that Apple Preview is not a full-blown PDF viewer.

Re: Template PDF Data not visible on Apple PDF Renderers (Safari, Previewer)

jshcrowthe
Yeah, I saw the message.

Thanks a bunch for answering the question though. I will work with Apple to get this fixed.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM blowagie [via iText] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you see the yellow message "This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet."

That means that you aren't using the proper channel to post a question. Please consult http://itextpdf.com/support to find out what to do.

As for your question: it's not an iText bug. It is generally known that Apple Preview is not a full-blown PDF viewer.

To unsubscribe from Template PDF Data not visible on Apple PDF Renderers (Safari, Previewer), click here.
NAML
--

Josh Crowther