Reg: Conversion of byte array into PDF

Patricia Sandra

Hi,

  My requirement is ,I have an itext generated pdf file and is converted into byte array to pass into my application. I want this byte array to be converted again into itext pdf file . Could you provide me with sample of how to do it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandra

Conversion of byte array into PDF

Patricia Sandra

Hi all,

   Let me brief you my requirement.

I wrote java code using itext to generate pdf and convert it into byte array as follows:

I took simple Hello world program to generate the pdf and convert it into byte array

 public byte[] createReportPdfGeneration()throws DocumentException, IOException

  try {
       // step 1: creation of a document-object

    Document document = new Document(PageSize.A4);

    // step 2: CREATING WRITER

   // we'll create the file in memory
  PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.getInstance(document, baos);

  // step 3
   document.open();

   // step 4
        document.add(new Paragraph("Hello World!"));

  // step 5
        document.close();

   }catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("error="+e);
            e.printStackTrace();
     }
   return baos.toByteArray();
  }

The output of this program is a byte array. I am in need of the code in which i input this byte array and get the required pdf output. Can anyone help me to sort this issue as it is very urgent.

Regards,

Sandra

  My requirement is ,I have an itext generated pdf file and is converted into byte array to pass into my application. I want this byte array to be converted again into itext pdf file . Could you provide me with sample of how to do it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandra

Re: Conversion of byte array into PDF

Iliadis Yannis

Hi Sandra,

Gunasekaran Velu gave you hint about saving byte arrays to file.

You can use the FileOutputStream.write(byte[]) method to save it into a file.

Eg.

FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(path+"out.pdf");

fos.write(createReportPdfGeneration());

fos.close();

As you can see this is very trivial.

Regards