Reading the absolute position of a form field

Reading the absolute position of a form field

Krishna Kishore .J
Hi All,

I am trying to retrieve the absolute position of the form field on the pdf.

I have to access the form field ,get its absolute position and replace the form field with an image.

I've gone thro' the mailing archieve, but could'nt find any clue.

Can any one give some info on how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Krishna Kishore

Re: Reading the absolute position of a form field

blowagie
Krishna Kishore .J wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to retrieve the absolute position of the form field on the pdf.

See the ListFields example here:
http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/forms/
br,
Bruno

RE: Re: Reading the absolute position of a form field

Paulo Soares
ListFields use PRAcroForm that is an obsolete way to get field
information. Field information should come from AcroFields. In this
specific case see AcroFields.getFieldPositions().

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your feedback.

But AcroFields.getFieldPositions()  is returning 5 values in the array of
float.

How should i interpret this, eg: i want the x,y positions of the form field.

Pls suggest me a way to achieve this using AcroFields.getFieldPositions() .

Thanks
Krishna Kishore

ListFields use PRAcroForm that is an obsolete way to get field
information. Field information should come from AcroFields. In this
specific case see AcroFields.getFieldPositions().

Ever thought at looking at the javadocs?

Got it !!!
Thanks
Krishna Kishore
Ever thought at looking at the javadocs?

Joel
Hi Krishna, please can you share your solution to this problem? i am also facing the same problem, i have to find absolute position of a field and replace it with an image.

your assistace will be highly appreciated,

anyone who can assist,please pitch in.

thanks in advance.
mkl

Re: Re: Reading the absolute position of a form field

mkl
Joel,
Joel wrote
Hi Krishna, please can you share your solution to this problem? i am also facing the same problem, i have to find absolute position of a field and replace it with an image.

your assistace will be highly appreciated,

anyone who can assist,please pitch in.
nabble both clearly indicated to you that

a) this group is essentially a mailing list frontend. How do you expect people on the mailing list to make any sense out of your message? And that

b) the message you replied to is from 2005. After 11 years solutions may very well not apply to current iText versions anymore.

Furthermore, public iText support essentially has been moved to stackoverflow. Thus, you may want to create a question there concerning your problem and describe it clearly enough, including your pivotal code as far as you got, so people do not need to remember some mails from the obscure past to help you.

Regards,

Michael