QR Barcodes

Mike Smith-39
Hi - I am wondering if QR barcode support might be possible with iText?  We'd in particular like to use in conjunction with the xmf add-on to pdftk developed by "chicks".  Thanks.  Mike Smith [hidden email] +1 (902) 405-4756.

***

Barcodes:

iText also comes with a number of classes that generate barcodes. The following types are supported:

  • Barcode39: code 39 and code 39 extended
  • Barcode128:
    • CODE128 - plain barcode 128.
    • CODE128_UCC - support for UCC/EAN-128 with a full list of AI.
    • CODE128_RAW - raw mode. The code attribute has the actual codes from 0 to 105 followed by '\uffff' and the human readable text.
  • BarcodeEAN: EAN13, EAN8, UPCA, UPCE, and EAN with supplemental 5, EAN with supplemental 5, EAN with supplemental 2
  • BarcodeEANSUPP: takes 2 barcodes, an EAN/UPC and a supplemental
  • BarcodeInter25: interleaved 2 of 5
  • BarcodePostnet: postnet and planet
  • BarcodePDF417: the 2D barcode PDF417
  • BarcodeCodabar: codabar

This is an code example to generate an EAN-barcode with value 9780201615883:

PdfContentByte cb = writer.getDirectContent();
BarcodeEAN codeEAN = new BarcodeEAN();
codeEAN.setCodeType(codeEAN.EAN13);
codeEAN.setCode("9780201615883");
Image imageEAN = codeEAN.createImageWithBarcode(cb, null, null);
document.add(new Phrase(new Chunk(imageEAN, 0, 0)));

Re: QR Barcodes

iText mailing list
Mike Smith wrote:

> Hi - I am wondering if QR barcode support might be possible with iText?

Only if there's a code contribution or someone is willing to sponsor the
development.
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA
http://www.1t3xt.com/ - http://www.1t3xt.info

Re: QR Barcodes

calosteward
QR code is 2d code, if itext support 2d code, qr code support also is achieved.