Quantcast

PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage Fails to Extract Text

PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage Fails to Extract Text

Barathvaj
Hi When font is embedded or font is unrecognized the pdf text extraction returns the series of /n string. But i am able to copy text from pdf manually and paste it to any clipboard/notepad. It is fine, if itextsharp not able to recognize font. It should extract atleast the text. How to overcome this issue. Please help me to resolve the same. Please refer the font property of document Document Font Property Regards Barath

Re: PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage Fails to Extract Text

iText mailing list
On 2/21/2014 6:07 PM, Barathvaj wrote:
> How to overcome this issue.
Which version of iText(Sharp) are you using?
If not the most recent one, we can't help you.

Re: PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage Fails to Extract Text

Barathvaj
Version of itextsharp is 5.5.0. I guess i using the latest version of itextsharp

On 2/22/2014 7:13 AM, Barathvaj wrote:
> Version of itextsharp is 5.5.0. I guess i using the latest version of
> itextsharp
In that case show us the PDF, because we do look at the unicode tables,
and we have had success reading PDFs with strange fonts. You shouldn't
expect us to "fix" something we can't reproduce. We need your PDF to
reproduce the problem.

Re: PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage Fails to Extract Text

JonyGreen
you can try this free online pdf text extractor to extract pdf text free online.

Re: PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage Fails to Extract Text

AdeleB