Quantcast

PdfPTable display related problem

Vivek  Mishra

Hi,

I am using iText to generate PDF report in my application. Here we are using PdfPTable. All the data is put in PdfPTable and then we add this table to Document by using the "add" method of the Document class. The data is peoperly displayed in PDF. But here we have one specific requirement. Please see the example below.

Page 1
Group
  Item
  Sub Item1
      Measure1
      Measure2
      Measure3
      Measure4
  Sub Item2
      Measure1
      Measure2
      Measure3
      Measure4
  Sub Item3
      Measure1
      Measure2
      Measure3
      Measure4
  Sub Item4

Page 2
      Measure1
      Measure2
      Measure3
      Measure4

In above example the display of data is correct for Sub Item1 , Sub Item2 , Sub Item3 but for Sub Item4 it is not correct because the heading Sub Item4 appears on page 1 and the related measure data for the Sub Item4 appears on Page 2. Now here my requirement is while displaying the data if only heading Sub Item4 is appearing on the bottom of page and the relevant measure data is appearing on next page then the heading Sub Item4 should be moved to next page and the relevant measure data should be displayed below it. This is need to be done similarly for Item and Group as well to avoid data distortion in report.
Please advice.

Regards,
Vivek

Regards,
Vivek

Re: PdfPTable display related problem

Justin Lee-4
Place each "Sub Item" and its data into a subtable and tell set that
table/cell to not break on page breaks.  This will force the entire
block to the next page.

--
cheeser      You can find my blog at http://cheeser.blog-city.com
             and on AIM as "evan chooly"