PDF417 - Macro PDF417/ Multiple barcodes

PDF417 - Macro PDF417/ Multiple barcodes

jule domont
Dear developers,

For an application i have to generate multiple barcodes (due to the big amount of data). My code is following:

List<string> barcodePackets = GetBarcodePackets(zippedBarcodeData);

if (barcodePackets.Count > 0)
{
float startXBarcodePosition = cm2Pnts(float.Parse(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[Constants.PDF_BARCODE_START_POSITION_X_KEY]));

float startYBarcodePosition = cm2Pnts(float.Parse(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[Constants.PDF_BARCODE_START_POSITION_Y_KEY]));

for (int i = 0; i < barcodePackets.Count; i++)

{

BarcodePDF417 currentBarcode = new BarcodePDF417();

currentBarcode.Options =

BarcodePDF417.PDF417_USE_MACRO;

currentBarcode.MacroFileId =

"1";

currentBarcode.MacroSegmentCount = barcodePackets.Count;

currentBarcode.MacroSegmentId = i;
currentBarcode.SetText(barcodePackets[i]);
Image img = currentBarcode.GetImage();
img.SetAbsolutePosition(startXBarcodePosition, startYBarcodePosition);
pdfContentByte.AddImage(img);
startYBarcodePosition += cm2Pnts(-
float.Parse(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[Constants.PDF_BARCODE_BETWEEN_SPACES_KEY]));

//
}

}

The content of barcode will be first zipped To 64-BaseString and then splitted in packets of 1000 characters (--> barcodePackets list). For my application, that will generate two barcodes which are added to a pdf.

My question is: Is my implementation correct to generate multiple PDF417 barcodes? Because I have problem to read the generates two barcodes using Motorola scanner. The scanner can not recognize that the two barcodes go together.

Thanks for your help

Jule

Re: PDF417 - Macro PDF417/ Multiple barcodes

makaveiljojo
You might take a look at following code fo generating PDF-417 in both C# and VB.NET:
C# Sample code
     BarCode pdf417 = new BarCode();
     pdf417.Symbology = KeepAutomation.Barcode.Symbology.PDF417;
     pdf417.CodeToEncode = "01234";
     pdf417.X = 3;
     pdf417.Y = 3;
     pdf417.PDF417XtoYRatio = 0.2f;
     pdf417.PDF417DataMode = KeepAutomation.Barcode.PDF417DataMode.Auto;
     pdf417.generateBarcodeToImageFile("c://barcode-pdf417-csharp.tiff");

VB Sample code
     Dim pdf417 As KeepAutomation.Barcode.Bean.BarCode = New KeepAutomation.Barcode.Bean.BarCode

     pdf417.Symbology = KeepAutomation.Barcode.Symbology.PDF417
     pdf417.CodeToEncode = "01234"
     pdf417.X = 3
     pdf417.Y = 3
     pdf417.PDF417XtoYRatio = 0.2f
     pdf417.generateBarcodeToImageFile("c:/pdf417-vbnet.tiff")

Re: PDF417 - Macro PDF417/ Multiple barcodes

calosteward
Based on your request, I think you need a .net barcode scanner supports multiple barcodes, also includes pdf 417.