.NET C# MVC VIEW to PDF using iTextSharp

.NET C# MVC VIEW to PDF using iTextSharp

R Balbo
Hello,

I am hoping you can help me.  I am looking into how to create a PDF file from a MVC View (formatted as a report  - object is model or model.tolist), without first saving it to the server disk , i.e. instead just save it in memory and displaying it for the user for viewing or saving to their local disk if so desired.

I would greatly appreciate if you can send some samples my way.

Thanks,
RB

Re: .NET C# MVC VIEW to PDF using iTextSharp

KGK32

Hi.

Creating a PDF in memory:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2815761/create-pdf-in-memory-instead-of-physical-file

To serve it in the browser you can return it as a file from an MVC controller action that gets called/requested from an <iframe>, but you must assume the user’s browser can display the PDF.

I hope this helps,

KK