Quantcast

Merge PDF files

lasanthapw
hi all

I'm going to create several pdf files at run time from existing pdf. Number of the pages may be change. Now i need to merge created pdf files into one PDF Document. I'm using C#

thanks
Lasantha SE(.net) My Coding Issues

Re: Merge PDF files

Alexis Pigeon
Hi Lasantha,

On 23 February 2011 11:34, DynamicData <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi all

I'm going to create several pdf files at run time from existing pdf. Number
of the pages may be change. Now i need to merge created pdf files into one
PDF Document. I'm using C#

And? What is your question or problem?

Cheers,
alexis

Re: Merge PDF files

lasanthapw
hi

i have no idea how to do it. give me example code.
Lasantha SE(.net) My Coding Issues

Re: Merge PDF files

Paulo Soares-3
Buy the book and learn how to do it. Look at http://www.itextpdf.com/book/.

Paulo

i have no idea how to do it. give me example code.

-----
Lasantha SE(.net)
http://mycodingerrors.blogspot.com/ My Coding Issues

Aviso Legal:
Esta mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao destinatário. Pode conter informação confidencial ou legalmente protegida. A incorrecta transmissão desta mensagem não significa a perca de confidencialidade. Se esta mensagem for recebida por engano, por favor envie-a de volta para o remetente e apague-a do seu sistema de imediato. É proibido a qualquer pessoa que não o destinatário de usar, revelar ou distribuir qualquer parte desta mensagem.

Disclaimer:
This message is destined exclusively to the intended receiver. It may contain confidential or legally protected information. The incorrect transmission of this message does not mean the loss of its confidentiality. If this message is received by mistake, please send it back to the sender and delete it from your system immediately. It is forbidden to any person who is not the intended receiver to use, distribute or copy any part of this message.

Re: Merge PDF files

Balder

On 23/02/2011 11:34, DynamicData wrote:
hi all

I'm going to create several pdf files at run time from existing pdf. Number
of the pages may be change. Now i need to merge created pdf files into one
PDF Document. I'm using C#

Great ! Lot of people do that!  Nice to know your using iText.
thanks

-----

 see http://api.itextpdf.com/com/itextpdf/text/pdf/PdfSmartCopy.html
--
We are part of the wild, tumbling river of life, our molecules were the molecules of the dinosaurs and before that of the stars.

Re: Merge PDF files

iText mailing list
Op 23/02/2011 12:01, RunTime schreef:
> hi
>
> i have no idea how to do it. give me example code.

In other words: you want somebody to do your work for you.
That is called "consultancy".
If you want to receive the price list for our consultancy services,
please visit: http://itextpdf.com/contact.php#consultancy
Prices vary depending on the experience of the consultant.
Reductions are possible if the request matches our R&D goals.

Re: Merge PDF files

Michéle Johl (LaserCom Amalgam)

Alexis,

There are alot of examples if you Google “C# iTextSharp Merge PDF”

Michéle

Chinese characters displayed as '?' (question mark)

bengt.gingsjo
I'm trying to create a PDF where there can be a mix of Western European, Eastern European and Chinese characters.
To manage this, I use the FontSelector. But, depending on in which order I add the fonts, the behaviour differs.

If I add the fonts in the order:

//(used for Western Europe)
fontSelector
.addFont(new
Font(BaseFont.createFont(FontFactory.HELVETICA, BaseFont.CP1252, BaseFont.EMBEDDED), 8, Font.NORMAL));
//(used for Central/Eastern Europe)
fontSelector
.addFont(new Font(BaseFont.createFont(FontFactory.HELVETICA, BaseFont.CP1250, BaseFont.EMBEDDED), 8, Font.NORMAL));
//(used for Chinese)
fontSelector
.addFont(new Font(BaseFont.createFont("STSong-Light", "UniGB-UCS2-H", BaseFont.NOT_EMBEDDED), 8, Font.NORMAL));

The result is that Chinese characters are diplayed as question marks (?). Polish and Swedish characters are displayed correct in the preferred font (Helvetica).

If I change the order to (Chinese first):

//(used for Chinese)
fontSelector.addFont(new Font(BaseFont.createFont("STSong-Light", "UniGB-UCS2-H", BaseFont.NOT_EMBEDDED), 8, Font.NORMAL));
//(used for Western Europe)

fontSelector
.addFont(new
Font(BaseFont.createFont(FontFactory.HELVETICA, BaseFont.CP1252, BaseFont.EMBEDDED), 8, Font.NORMAL));
//(used for Central/Eastern Europe)
fontSelector
.addFont(new Font(BaseFont.createFont(FontFactory.HELVETICA, BaseFont.CP1250, BaseFont.EMBEDDED), 8, Font.NORMAL));

The result is that the Chinese characters are displayed OK, but all "regular" characters (except the Polish and Swedish) are displayed in the "STSong-Light" characters. The special Polish and Swedish characters are displayed in Helvetica.
What I want, is that all characters, except the Chinese, should be displayed in the Helvetica font. How can I accomplish this?

Mvh/Regards
Bengan

Re: Merge PDF files

calosteward
Here's C# pdf merge code sample, several kind of code sample is provided here, I think it can help you enough.