I-Text PDF to TIFF Conversion

Anil Sahu
Dear All,

Can any one tell me how can we convert a PDF to TIFF Using Itext Apis.
I tried the Same using PDFBox but it is converting only the PDFs whcih
are generated through Adobe, No idea why it is not converting for
other PDFs which are generated using a Scanner.

Below is the Code Snippet for whcih i used PDFBox Libs.

File file =new File("\\C:\\AnilSahu\\0321146182_J2E.pdf");
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument document =null;
document =  PDDocument.load(file);
PDFImageWriter writer = new PDFImageWriter();
writer.writeImage(document, "tif", "", 1, Integer.MAX_VALUE,
"\\C:\\AnilSahu\\Imaging\\" + file.getName() + "-");
document.close();

It would be greate if anyone can give me some clue for implementing
the same using IText Lib's.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Anil Sahu.

Buy the iText book: http://www.itextpdf.com/book/
Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/

Re: I-Text PDF to TIFF Conversion

Vengunta, Raj
Hi Anil,

I'm trying to do something very similar to what you're doing. I'm trying to convert pdf files (single files) into tiff images. But my pdf files have a password. Could I use the code you have to pass the password to the file? I'm not familiar with this api nor am I a java guy, could you give me an example of doing this? Thanks in advance,

Raj

[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and the accompanying documents contain information that belongs to the sender and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, or taking action in reliance on the content of this communication. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original transmission. Thank you.

Buy the iText book: http://www.itextpdf.com/book/
Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/

Re: I-Text PDF to TIFF Conversion

gvjump
it is odd that you cann't have pdf to tiff conversion vb.net that are created through scanning. what happend.  only the pdf are is converted.

Re: I-Text PDF to TIFF Conversion

JonyGreen
You can try this free online pdf to image converter to convert pdf to tiff online.

Re: I-Text PDF to TIFF Conversion

AdeleB