How to specify variant glyph when draw Japanese vertical text

How to specify variant glyph when draw Japanese vertical text

熊田貢-2
Hello all,

I hava a question about vertical writing of Japanese text using CFF OpenType.
Some Japanese characters (bracket, punctuation, etc.) have two variant forms, for horizontal and vertical writing.
My question is how to specify the variant glyph when draw vertical text.
I found PdfContentBye#showTextGid(final String gids) which I expected solve my question.
But I cannot understand how to give an argument to the method.
I tried the following to draw vertical bracket (GID:7899), but the result was not what I expected.

. . . . .
BaseFont baseFont = BaseFont.createFont("fonts\\KozMinPro-Regular.otf", BaseFont.IDENTITY_V, BaseFont.EMBEDDED);
. . . . .
. . .showTextGid("7899");
. . .showTextGid("1EDB");
. . .showTextGid("0x1EDB");