How to improve performance when exporting tables with large nested table

How to improve performance when exporting tables with large nested table

George Li

Hi,

If I have a table A which has a large nested table B, Document.Add(A)  will be very slow.  Java heap usage is especially high. Has anyone experienced similar problem? Is there any way to solve it?

 I know if only B is added to Document, I can write a few rows of B to Document and then flush B’s content. But is this trick feasible when B is nested inside? I don’t think so according to my experience, because  although performance is greatly improved, the generated PDF  looks quite different from the desired result (e.g., missing header, table border). I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some idea.

Thanks,

George

Buy the iText book: http://www.itextpdf.com/book/
Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/