How can I set my pdf document's default font?

How can I set my pdf document's default font?

John M. Gabriele
How can I set my pdf document's default font? i.e.
I'm looking for something like my_doc.setDefaultFont().

I'd even settle for being able to do something like
my_table.setDefaultFont() (since I use a lot of PdfPTables)
but that method isn't there either.