Quantcast

Cannot verify PDF after digital signed using iText by Acrobat reader can!

Cannot verify PDF after digital signed using iText by Acrobat reader can!

Eric Chow
Hello,

I use iText to signed a PDF with PKCS#11. It shows VALID in the Acrobat Reader but it shows error using the iText code to verity. Would you please to teach me what's my problem?

Best regards,
Eric

MPRootCA(G02).cer (1K) Download Attachment
qcperissuerg02.cer (2K) Download Attachment
qcperissuerg02.cer (2K) Download Attachment
SignVerifier.java (6K) Download Attachment
test-signed.pdf (608K) Download Attachment

Re: Cannot verify PDF after digital signed using iText by Acrobat reader can!

Eric Chow
It shows "certificate does not verify with supplied key" when using iText 5.5.7 to verify.
But it shows no error when open in Acrobat Reader DC.

Eric

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Eric Chow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I use iText to signed a PDF with PKCS#11. It shows VALID in the Acrobat Reader but it shows error using the iText code to verity. Would you please to teach me what's my problem?

Best regards,
Eric

Re: Cannot verify PDF after digital signed using iText by Acrobat reader can!

Shaning Yu

Eric:

Like you, I am new on this subject.  However, I do like share my experience on it with you.

1)      In my project, the version is 5.0.6.0 (Runtime Version: V2.0.50727), while your is higher which may not be free.

2)      I am using VS2010.  I am not sure what is your IDE.

Yours,

Shaning

I use iText to signed a PDF with PKCS#11. It shows VALID in the Acrobat Reader but it shows error using the iText code to verity. Would you please to teach me what's my problem?

Best regards,

Eric

Re: Cannot verify PDF after digital signed using iText by Acrobat reader can!

Amedee Van Gasse-2
Hello Eric,

Maybe you have noticed that there isn't a lot of traffic on this mailing
list. Most of our users ask their questions on StackOverflow, so you'd
have a better chance to get an answer there. Don't forget to tag your
question with 'itext'.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/itext

Best regards,

--