Border lines vanishes in Pdfpcell

manisha992
When I use,

PdfPCell pdfpcell = new PdfPCell(image);
pdfPCell.setHorizontalAlignment(Element.ALIGN_CENTER);
pdfPCell.setVerticalAlignment(Element.ALIGN_MIDDLE);
pdfPTable.addCell(pdfPCell);

where image is a lowagie test image and psfptable is an instance of PdfPTable,
the border lines on the left and right of the pdfcell thins out whereas the border lines of other text cells
are thick and good.
It seems like the border line of the neighbouring cells give the image cell that thin border and the image cell has no border line on it's own

Options that I have tried
1. setBorder(Rectangle.BOX)
2.setColSpan(1)
3.useEnableBorderPaddding(true)

None of the above have worked out, please help me fix this problem.

Re: Border lines vanishes in Pdfpcell

blowagie
Do you see the message with the yellow background saying "This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet" and that's exactly what happened: your post was rejected.

There are two reasons for rejection:

1. You are not using the proper channel for support. See http://itextpdf.com/nabble and read http://itextpdf.com/support to find out the correct channels.
2. You are using an iText version that dates from December 2009 or earlier. Today, we are May 2016. You should not expect us to support a version that is almost 7 years old. Please upgrade!

My itext version is 2.1.7

Re: Border lines vanishes in Pdfpcell

blowagie
You just confirmed what I wrote: you are using a version of iText that dates from July 7, 2009.

That version is almost 7 years old and it has known problems, technical problems as well as legal problems. You should no longer use it. Read more about this here: http://developers.itextpdf.com/question/can-itext-217-or-earlier-be-used-commercially